Grace in Small Things: part 17 of 365
- W-2 form.
- Pizza Delivery.
Posted by Shash @ 3:02 am
| | January 31, 2009
Grace in Small Things: part 15 of 365
*this one’s for Suebob
- not freezing my as$ off this morning (but coming rather close).
- not having to scrape my windshield with my non existent ice scraper (thank jeebus for defrost).
- computer class instead of P.E.
- only one student spilling milk on themselves at lunch instead of four.
Posted by Shash @ 4:22 am
| | January 23, 2009
Grace in Small Things: part 14 of 365
- Hot coffee on a cold morning.
- No outside recess.
- No outside PE.
- The school cafeteria making broccoli & cheese soup for lunch.
- Takeout pizza.
Posted by Shash @ 1:32 am
| | January 22, 2009
How I feel…
Today took a lot out of me, physically and emotionally. A day filled with teachable moments. A day where I saw four and five-year-old children raise their hand with the President-Elect and swear themselves into office at the same time our 44th President did the same. A day that brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. A day that I finally got to say:
President Barack Obama
It was a fine day, indeed.
Posted by Shash @ 2:45 am
| | January 21, 2009
Grace in Small Things: part 13 of 365
- Lunch in the classroom so we can see the making of history.
- my son’s fever breaking.
- cheerios necklaces.
- volunteering at the Library.
- shelving books.
Posted by Shash @ 1:28 am
It’s About Time, Wouldn’t You Say?
Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
BBC World News America has unearthed a fascinating clip of Dr Martin Luther King speaking to the BBC’s Bob McKenzie in 1964 in which Dr King predicts an African-American president “in less than 40 years.”
photo credit: Huffington Post
story link: BBC News
I’m ready. Let’s start this journey together.
Posted by Shash @ 12:11 am
| | January 20, 2009
Grace in Small Things: part 12 of 365
- Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Making a Sam’s Club run and leaving with only what we need, and not what we think we need to have.
- Understanding when son spikes a fever of 102.0 during above playdate, and we have to leave.
- Motrin and Advil.
Posted by Shash @ 11:21 pm
| | January 19, 2009
Grace in Small Things: part 11 of 365
- celebrating a birthday.
- a camera with a video feature.
- delicious food and great conversations with some really good people.
- a brother who went the extra mile to find a left behind gift.
- no hangovers!
Posted by Shash @ 7:56 pm
| | January 18, 2009
Viral Video! Get Your Viral Miss Britt Video Right Here!!!
Okay, so I need to place a few caveats before you see the goods:
- No electronics (again!!) were harmed in the making of this party. In fact, all electronics were given lots of attention and loving care during the Blackberry vs. iPhone showdown at the table. West Side Story style, baby. Waterlogging incidents? A thing of the past.
- I am not a licensed cinematographer. So Spielberg and Scorcese have NOTHING to worry about, job wise. I also apparently can not hold a camera still to save my life. I blame alcohol on that. Alcohol doesn’t mind, I’m told.
- That said, :50 seconds in, I finally found a ledge to balance my arms on while shooting. Worked like a charm….
- Until… at 1:57 Faiqa grabbed me and moved me down in front of the stage. Um, so forgive the shaky movement. You might want to have a barf bag handy.
- Tariq will be thrilled to learn that NONE of the sneaky video I caught of him and his mad (seated!) dance skillz is viewable. Shrouded in darkness, the master danced. You had to be there. It was electric. And funny. And seven shades of awesome.
So here it is.
Live! from the Rising Star Stage at Universal CityWalk in Orlando, Florida -
I give you MISS BRITT!
Teh Awesomes, no?
Also! I have pictures!! go here
to see more still photo goodness!!!
Posted by Shash @ 5:56 pm
We Clean Up Real Nice, I Think…
Taken January 9, 2009 at Saratoga National Country Club.
Posted by Shash @ 9:35 pm
| | January 17, 2009